No announcement yet.

Hot Rod Deluxe volume loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...I took a little break from this but wanted to re-visit it again. Given my level of experience (which should be evident by now), is it worth me trying to continue further to fix it myself? Or should I take it somewhere? To fix it myself, I'd be relying on advice from forum members, so if nobody has a clear plan of action, I'd probably just take it in. Thanks again for everybody's help.

Comment

Originally posted by rwhenshaw View Post
      So...I took a little break from this but wanted to re-visit it again. Given my level of experience (which should be evident by now), is it worth me trying to continue further to fix it myself? Or should I take it somewhere? To fix it myself, I'd be relying on advice from forum members, so if nobody has a clear plan of action, I'd probably just take it in. Thanks again for everybody's help.
      I'm sure you enjoyed your break, well-deserved! To continue, depends on how brave you're feeling. That voltage is leaking onto pin 2 from somewhere & tracking that down & eliminating it will likely involve removing the tube socket from its PC board, cleaning up the board, replace socket with a new one (I like ceramic, cheap & just about trouble-free.) And if that don't get it, pulling out the main PC board & scrubbing the suspect areas to get rid of possible leakage paths. At least we're pretty darn sure where the problem isn't, so you can run that past the repair person. Don't know where to send you in middle NH, might have to drag it down Boston way or maybe Portland. Anybody got a suggestion? I think we do have some Boston area correspondents/techs on MEF.

Stand by for a PM, I'm trying to track down a good tech I know of in Maine. May take a while...
      Last edited by Leo_Gnardo; 08-17-2013, 06:03 PM.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Working...
      X