Help ID transistor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ID transistor

Working on a JBL EON 510 powered monitor.
    It has two identical amps for the woofer and the tweeter, and the amp for the tweeter has the output drivers fried.

They are rectangular metal case about 1/4" long made by International Rectifier.

The part number on them is:

IR - mfg.
    1647 - or 164Z ?
    0830 -probably date code

can't find any info yet, so if you know what they are that would help, thanks.

If I can find suitable replacements this channel should work fine too.

This looks like the correct one here:

http://www.irf.com/product-info/data...irf6644pbf.pdf

Found a bunch of JBL schems on their site, but not this unit. Still too new I imagine.

Comment

Did the tweeter survive?
      I would expect not.

Comment

Originally posted by drewl View Post
        Found a bunch of JBL schems on their site, but not this unit. Still too new I imagine.
        It isn't one of these?
        EON 500 SERIES

Edit: sorry, that does not contain a schematic.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

This looks to be one of the newer designs, so the schem is not on the JBL site.
          I tried subbing in some mosfets from work, and while it didn't blow up the driver section before the final outputs doesn't seem right when compared to the other channel.
          For the hell of it I tried running the horn from the woofer amp in parrallel and yes, the tweeter is pretty cooked, it produces sound but it had like 30v DC cooking it, so it doesn't sound too good!

Comment

Working...
          X