Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buzz if guitar near amp (not speaker) - normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzz if guitar near amp (not speaker) - normal?

Hey,

If I have my guitar near the tube amp I've build it will make buzzing sound. Its not about being close to the speaker because today I had the cabinet at 5 meters away from me when I tried this. It happens if I stand less than 1 meter away from the amplifier.

I have P90 pickups and the amp has three 12ax7 and two 6v6 pushpull. All tubes running on very high voltages. Increasing gain or volume will make the buzz louder.

This is not a problem but it feels weird to me because it doesnt happen with other amps. This amp has a steel chassis and others don't.

Will it do the same with a different guitar and cord?
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Originally posted by jussi View Post
      ...If I have my guitar near the tube amp I've build it will make buzzing sound. Its not about being close to the speaker because today I had the cabinet at 5 meters away from me when I tried this. It happens if I stand less than 1 meter away from the amplifier...
      This is a normal occurrence. It happens because the guitar pickups and/or wiring are picking up the magnetic fields that are radiated by the power transformer and AC currents flowing in the amplifier.

Comment

Working...
      X