Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nevermind...found it

sorry, found the problem and no delete function
    Last edited by daz; 10-14-2013, 04:26 PM.

Well, the power input is not shown.
    I would simply replace the opamp & go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
      Well, the power input is not shown.
      I would simply replace the opamp & go from there.
      You must have replied right as i was saying a found the problem. Turns out it was only the burned trace that was bad, but the reason it wasn't working was i had the guts out of the chassis and noticed one of the jacks obtains it's ground from being bolted to the chassis ! I clipped the ground to the other jack and it worked. Stupid......both me for not noticing this for a time and the morons who designed it w/o one lousy wire to make it reliable should the jack get loose. Or would that be a cost cutting design? $.001 per unit saved on wire, $50 savings per year on grunge sales.

Comment

The moron designed it that way because controlling the grounding from section to section is the way to control ground loops. If you look at many schematics at various jacks, you often see more than one ground symbol. That means the grounds, such as preamp ground and chassis ground, are brought together at that jack.

Please wield the "moron" club more accurately. There are guitar amps, successful ones, with SIX or more ground circuits, and if we just hooked them all together with one lousy wire, the amps would be humming like a bee hive.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          The moron designed it that way because controlling the grounding from section to section is the way to control ground loops. If you look at many schematics at various jacks, you often see more than one ground symbol. That means the grounds, such as preamp ground and chassis ground, are brought together at that jack.

Please wield the "moron" club more accurately. There are guitar amps, successful ones, with SIX or more ground circuits, and if we just hooked them all together with one lousy wire, the amps would be humming like a bee hive.
          Fact is, i wired it to the other one and it works fine, no extra noise. I think it's a stupic design because i have never seen that cause ground loop noise. On the other hand, it comes loose at a gig and you wish they did it my way.

Comment

Working...
          X