Mesa subway rocket loud hum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick C. View Post
    I'd make a strong guess Mesa knows about this and doesn't much care, but I'd like to forward these comments - not a 'puter guy and maybe not proper or legal. Companies that cheap out while putting big emphasis on style irritate me.
    espec. as the cover story in ' Guitar player' mag is Mesa history.
    In the friendliest and most commiserating way I can say it ...

Why? Do you think you can shame Randy Smith into improving his product? And maybe offer a recall program, to fix up the crapulent amps they've sold over the last 20-25 years? Not likely. And I agree - yes it bugs me somethin' awful that amps which COULD have been built better, even with minor details like tougher potentiometers, aren't. Oh but those chrome knobs & fake diamond-plate, THAT's what makes an amp better, NOT.

Here's the improvement Mesa/Boogie HAS made: more profitable. That's what business is about. Rare the biz that maintains high standards without fail. You could make the same case about . . . Fender Marshall Peavey Ampeg for a start . . . I almost added Crate but considering the awful amps Crate started with late 70's, just about anything is an improvement. And lots of boutique labels that started strong, then started watering down their product once it started to get recognized, accepted, and positively reviewed. Top Hat comes to mind. Hey didn't Boogie start out that way? Oops we're back to the top of the discussion again.

It's a good argument to build your own amps, or have someone you trust do it for you. And a road case wouldn't hurt, too.
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I don't intend to make a big deal about this, I just thought - could Ya put a thin fiber washer or rubber ' O' ring, whatever fits - between the knobs & faceplate ? > thus when it gets hit maybe the knob would break but I think that would be preferable. maybe matching knobs would be un available.

Comment

Working...
      X