Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disassembly of a Hugges and Kettner duotone combo

Is this a joke?
    How one is supossed to pull out the chassis in one of these combos?
    Do I have to take appart the front panel and then the knobs etc?
    Last edited by tboy; 07-05-2007, 10:37 PM.

I don't know the amp. ANy chance the handle screws or the corner screws aer involved?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yes, that also!
      To open open this amp one has to unscrew every single screw in the cabinet: to make yourself an idea, first you have to pull out ALL the tubes, then the back of the cabinet has to be taken appart (I guess that's why the reverb is mounted on it, thank you H&K for this), then the front panel with the speaker has to be pushed inward as you tilt it, because you cant take it completely out of the cabinet, and only then there's "enough" free space to pull the chassis out of the cabinet from the back as you tilt it. Then, how not, the steel chassis and the transformers get sticked to the speaker's magnet. I had to use one of my feet to hold the cabinet steady during this part of the process.

Thanks goodness I didn't have to take the main board out; that would have mean to unscrew 11 pots, 2 toggle switches and the input socket that all hold it to the chassis front.

Comment

Have you given thought to contacting H&K and asking if there is a simple disassembly? Worst they can do is ignore you.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I'm almost sure about the way I did it is the only way to do it.
          It's a nice and very well built amp and I understand it is a good amp and it has very good reviews, but the disassembly process was complicated for me.

The price of that beautiful illuminated front panel is at the cost of quite a bit of extra work for the technician.

By any means I want to hurt H&K reputation..

Comment

Working...
          X