cant find parts???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant find parts???

I looked all night for these 2 op amps...im stumped. Anyone know where to buy?

They are in a super common amp --Marshall Valvestate AVT-50

M5201 / 5201A

NMJ07230 / jrc072bde

Look for a TL072 ic.
    TL072 Stock and Price by Distributor | FindChips.com

The M5201 is here: Quest Components In-Stock Part Details

Comment

The 5201 chips are obsolete and can be rare/expensive. The new equivalent is NJM2120D or JRC2120D (or 2121). Also the newer versions may actually improve performance due to better specs.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...AZR66ygeYPQ%3d
      http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...EHGq3qQnSxU%3d
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

cheers !

i have 2 chips here...would they work ?

tlo71 , tlo82

Comment

TL071 is a single op amp, TL072 is a dual. TL082 is a dual with same pinout as the TL072, it should work but the specs are a bit different. I would recommend you stick with the TL072 except for test purposes.
          5201/2120 are op amps with built in switches, unlike any standard op amps.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

These are opamps with built-in switch. So you cannot replace them with TL072 (different pinout and missing switch).
            First make sure that you really need the IC and it's not a problem with switching voltage, power supply, or open resistor, capacitor on the input.
            If this is the case, you can:
            - contact Marshall support directly,
            - search for Marshall parts (for example here: Marshall Amp Parts - Marshall Electronics you can buy NJM2120 - maybe this is a replacement),
            - M5201 can be purchased directly from China (alibaba.com),
            - you can buy the IC in a different package (SIL8) and build an adapter to use it as DIP8. And the IC in this package can be purchased without any problem (at least in Poland where I live).

Mark

Comment

These are opamps with built-in switch. So you cannot replace them with TL072 (different pinout and missing switch).
              First make sure that you really need the IC and it's not a problem with switching voltage, power supply, or open resistor, capacitor on the input.
              If you need it, you can:
              - contact Marshall support directly,
              - search for Marshall parts (for example here: Marshall Amp Parts - Marshall Electronics you can buy NJM2120 - maybe this is a replacement),
              - M5201 can be purchased directly from China (alibaba.com),
              - you can buy the IC in a different package (SIL8) and build an adapter to use it as DIP8. And the IC in this package can be purchased without any problem (at least in Poland where I live).

Mark

Comment

M5201AL is a dual op amp with a common output (pin 5)
                Data Sheet: M5201L pdf, M5201L description, M5201L datasheets, M5201L view ::: ALLDATASHEET :::
                It IS NOT replaceable with TLO72!
                Pin 1 controls the switching function. It switches between two sets of +- inputs.
                It is used for channel switching, between clean and distortion channels, etc...in JCM 900 and several other amps.
                If you need help to get a Marshall part number, call Kdog:
                Kevin (Kdog) Drury
                Marshall USA Service
                1000 Corporate Grove Dr.
                Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
                800-877-6863

Once you have the Marshall Part number you can order it from a Marshall Dealer or Korg Parts.

Comment

Working...
                X