BUGERA 333XL randomly shut off PLS HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUGERA 333XL randomly shut off PLS HELP

I bought my Bugerra 333xl last Christmas. At the end of the summer i was jamming and it shut off randomly. Then it turned back on for 10 sec and shut off and has been off and seems to not have any power at all i have changed power supply wire and fuse and nothing. Does anyone have any idea or has has this problem. PLZ HELP

My best guess without more info is that you have a problem with the molex connector that goes from the power transformer to the main board.

SEE THIS THREAD

If this is the case, it's best to do away with the connector and solder the wires directly to the pins.

Also could be a thermistor (or solder on a thermistor) detailed in the thread I linked.
    Last edited by The Dude; 01-14-2014, 02:42 AM.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

This Molex Conncetor would stop from having no power out all ?

Comment

maybe, but my vote is the small board the incoming mains socket it on.

In the rear corner of the chassis is a smallish board. The power cord connector is on it, and I think the main fuse. There are also a number of thermistors used as inrush limiters. There may be as many as 11 of them, certainly several. If I recall correctly, the solder side is even facing up for your convenience.

The solder fails on those thermistors. Actually, I think there is something about their lead wires that the original solder never wetted to them well. In any case, resoldering all those usually brings the amp back to life. Also check the solder on the power connector itself too.

If he bought the thing as recently as a year ago, the transformer wire fix would have been done at the factory. That was early production Bugeras, and they made the change in production once it was discovered. That was 5 years ago.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Agreed on the thermistor problem.

The amp was purchased last Christmas, but that doesn't mean it wasn't used or sitting in the store for years. I've seen it happen numerous times in my area. If I were taking it apart anyway, I'd make sure that connector has been done away with for reliability.

Edit: As an example, last week I got in 3 QSC RMX 2450's that a customer bought new in the past year at Best Buy. They are all missing a factory mod from a production run ending in 2000.
          Last edited by The Dude; 01-14-2014, 03:31 AM.

Comment

THANKS i have no idea about this shit it. Is it worth opening it up and looking before taking it to someone

Comment

I have the less fancy older brother, the Bugera 333. Use a strong light and a magnifing lense and check the solder joints on the little board in the back the power cord plugs into. Mine had more than a half dozen disturbed solder joint. Look for carbon and the appearance of a circle in the solder.

My molex connector appears to have been redone at the factory with brown plastic sleeves slipped over them for insulation?

The amp was pristine but I am at least the 3rd owner.

Comment

For that matter, it's a small board. It won't hurt to just resolder the whole thing. You could probably have it done in as much time as it will take to inspect the joints, especially if you don't have experience looking for cold/cracked solder joints.

Comment

is that the only way that there would not be any power at all i mean i checked the fuse and it looked ok

Comment

we don't like to say things like "only" so much, because as soon as you do, some exception comes along. let us just say I think those solder joints are REALLY likely to be bad.

yes, of course Dude, we should check that connector. My own advice about never thinking up reasons not to check something applies.
                    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                    X