No announcement yet.

Help with ID of a power transformer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with ID of a power transformer...

This PT is new/old. I installed it in a Tweed Deluxe chassis with a Mojo 768 OT but I never finished the build, stuff happened and I am getting back to it after almost 10 years. The board is all wired sockets in, almost everything done except wiring the transformers. I tried to understand using a zener diode to drop the voltage but was not sure about it, then things happened, we moved, etc etc... now I do not know what the PT is. It has numbers but no name and I cannot find a spec sheet nor anything online when searching the numbers. It is a black bell PT. The numbers are:
    1155-1017

The wires are: 1 black; 1 black with white; one orange; 2 x red; 1 red with white; 2 x green; 1 green with white; 2 yellow; 1 brown; 1 brown with white. For some reason I had the brown and black twisted together... I need to find my schematics and layouts...

I am sure it is a Mojo PT because the number layout is identical to the 768 OT, but with different numbers... so what I really need is a spec sheet AND... since I am using a Bandmaster OT should I just go with Fender wiring or should I add the zener diode? I mean, I can always build another amp. I am not that concerned that this amp has the voltage of an original 5E3... as lonClick image for larger version

Name:	2014-01-29 18.40.40.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	868174g as I am not doing something that will destroy the power tubes... I am open to using other tubes. Also, I think my OT is for an 8ohm speaker but I have six 12s still in boxes, a blue bell, a signature Alnico, and four Carvin V-30 clones I bought when they were blowing them out for 20 bucks each... and I can buy another speaker if I need it. I also have two 769 OTs, since this one is not yet wired.
    I am open to suggestions and hope someone has a source for a spec sheet for this PT. I don't like frying transformers, lol. I have other pics of the amp if you want to see them...
    I would LOVE any help on the use of the zener diode... frankly, I have forgotten where it was to be wired into the circuit and now they make PTs with lower voltage so you don't need it... at this point I am about convinced to forget it and see how it goes... my only worry is the tubes, but I can use 5881s or something else if it will be better. help...

Thanks! I got great help here on trouble shooting a SF Champ.

Julien

So if you are convinced this is a Mojo transformer, contact Mojo with the numbers and ask them.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Other pics... Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-01-29 18.40.46.jpg
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	832277
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-01-29 18.39.06.jpg
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	832278

Name:	2014-01-29 18.37.10.jpg
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	832279
      Zener and a couple of resistors.

Name:	2014-01-29 18.40.08.jpg
Size:	2.60 MB
ID:	832280
      I am to the point of wiring in the transformers, installing the jacks, and fuse... and maybe the zener. Then into cab!

Thanks!

J

Comment

I did, they are closed due to weather so I thought maybe someone would know.. and since I am snowed in I thought I'd work on it tomorrow if I can figure it out. I guess I can just wire it without the zener, I never was really happy about that anyway.. as long as I am not building something that will eat tubes, but I don't really think it will. I just think it will be a HOT Deluxe... I hope. Asking never hurts though and you guys know a lot more than I do. I am really rusty.

J

Comment

[QUOTE=jbow;332404]This PT is new/old. I installed it in a Tweed Deluxe chassis with a Mojo 768 OT but I

The wires are: 1 black; 1 black with white; one orange; 2 x red; 1 red with white; 2 x green; 1 green with white; 2 yellow; 1 brown; 1 brown with white. For some reason I had the brown and black twisted together... I need to find my schematics and layouts...

Black and white wires are usually 120VAC input.

Two red are usually for rectifier
          Two yellow are also for rectifier

Red/white probably bias supply (would be in the <60VAC range).

That's off the top of my head, based on experience with Fender transformers. Browns, orange, are new color for PTs for me

Comment

Your transformer may have been made by Lenco Electronics Inc. Their EIA code is 605.
            They *may* have made this for Mojotone although currently I think they use Heyboer transformers.

If Mojotone doesn't come through perhaps you might want to contact Lenco.

Lenco Electronics | Custom Transformers | Ferroresonant Transformers | DC Filter Inductors | Constant Voltage Transformers | Isolation Transformers | Three Phase Transformers | Power Transformers | Auto Transformers

SG

Comment

Working...
            X