No announcement yet.

Wirewound Resistors Dummy Load question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be fairly easy to check for resistance change when hot (2 meters required), ammeter in series, measure current and voltage at same time, solve for R.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Ok g-one....thanks...

Comment

Yup. I don't have the elements for testing though. I may have a couple within the week because I have an electric water heater repair to do. I'll report back if I end up with an element to test. If it works out I'll consider buying new ones at just under $10 a pop.
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

actually Chuck, I had to replace a hot water heater back a few months ago....as far as I know, it is still in this person's basement....if it is I am going to drop down over the next few days and remove them to see if they are useable....I'll let you know......

Comment

Working...
          X