Gulbransen(Seeburg) Select-a-Rhythm white noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terriffic!!

I feel like I was leading you away from it now. I still can;t quite figure how the noise generator itself was getting around the gate circuits. But seeing is believing.

It does indeed seem to be making all the sounds. If nothing else, I hope you learned about how it all works.

Now i am going to be seeing that circuit in my dreams trying to figure it out.

don't worry about "proper" transistor subs, if it works it works. Transistor circuits are remarkable flexible when it comes to subs.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thank you for all the help Enzo!!
      It is much appreciated.

Comment

i have a select a rhythm that appears to be working fine, except the brush, snare and cymbal tone is very dull and muffled. I am curious to know if replacing all the capacitors may "brighten" the sounds and give them more "punch"...any thoughts on which caps may affect this tone?

Comment

Welcome to the place, musicman.

Why not start a new thread for your problem, there's a lot of posts here to wade through that have nothing to do with your problem, so you'll probably get better responses with a new topic.

I checked the link to the schematic and it's dead. Do you have a schematic that you can post here? If not perhaps someone here has kept a copy that can be posted. That way we can all refer to the same part numbers and make communication a lot easier.

Comment

Working...
          X