Vox AD50VT parts ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox AD50VT parts ?

Anyone know what the power selector switch is on the back of this amp ? I have one that needs to be replaced in a friends amp, and don't know how to find the part ,or part #.

Thanks !

I dunno. I see the power level pot - not a switch - which is a dual 100kB pot. Vox part number for that is V903620017.

They usually clean up for me.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      I dunno. I see the power level pot - not a switch - which is a dual 100kB pot. Vox part number for that is V903620017.

They usually clean up for me.
      Thanks Enzo. I don't have it in hand ,so I wasn't sure if it was a pot ,or switch.

Comment

Watch this youtube at about 6:30. Vox AD50VT Repair for Loud Thump or Pulse.mpg - YouTube

He calls it a dual gang, 100K ohm, linear taper, printed circuit board potentiometer.

Comment

Originally posted by Fragger View Post
          Watch this youtube at about 6:30. Vox AD50VT Repair for Loud Thump or Pulse.mpg - YouTube

He calls it a dual gang, 100K ohm, linear taper, printed circuit board potentiometer.
          It is a dual gang pot. Stereo B100K. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by gtrplayr1976 View Post
            Anyone know what the power selector switch is on the back of this amp ? I have one that needs to be replaced in a friends amp, and don't know how to find the part ,or part #.

Thanks !
            I have those in stock $3 + postage, PM me and send your mailing address.

There are 4 things you should do on this amp:

1. Replace the effects jacks and foot switch jacks. The jacks with normally closed switch contacts. They almost always go bad.
            Change them to CLIFF UK jacks. The cliff jack will replace the cheap part, and lasts a lot longer.
            Otherwise the audio path is interrupted by corroded contacts....and will be intermittent.

2. Re-solder the entire power amp board. The factory soldering is generally pretty poor.

3. Replace the dual 100K power control. You already got that.

4. Hardware the GROUND connections down to the chassis, with a wire, rig terminal, screw, nut washer.
            The ground on this board depends on Plastic Jack Nuts, to hold contacts against the chassis. This is a very poor and unreliable ground scheme.
            The metal contact surfaces oxidize, and you lose the ground connection, intermittently.
            BYPASS this with wires, and screw the wires to the chassis, so that the grounds will no longer FAIL.

Comment

Originally posted by soundguruman View Post
              I have those in stock $3 + postage, PM me and send your mailing address.

There are 4 things you should do on this amp:

1. Replace the effects jacks and foot switch jacks. The jacks with normally closed switch contacts. They almost always go bad.
              Change them to CLIFF UK jacks. The cliff jack will replace the cheap part, and lasts a lot longer.
              Otherwise the audio path is interrupted by corroded contacts....and will be intermittent.

2. Re-solder the entire power amp board. The factory soldering is generally pretty poor.

3. Replace the dual 100K power control. You already got that.

4. Hardware the GROUND connections down to the chassis, with a wire, rig terminal, screw, nut washer.
              The ground on this board depends on Plastic Jack Nuts, to hold contacts against the chassis. This is a very poor and unreliable ground scheme.
              The metal contact surfaces oxidize, and you lose the ground connection, intermittently.
              BYPASS this with wires, and screw the wires to the chassis, so that the grounds will no longer FAIL.
              CRAP !...I just ordered one. lol. Thanks though. I will keep you in mind for future parts. Do you carry pots for a Silverface Twin ?

Comment

Originally posted by gtrplayr1976 View Post
                CRAP !...I just ordered one. lol. Thanks though. I will keep you in mind for future parts. Do you carry pots for a Silverface Twin ?
                Listen to what I told you. Do all four things to this power amp board.
                OR you will have repeat failures.

The best place to get pots for silverfaced twin:
                Potentiometers | Antique Electronic Supply
                Thy don't have to be "genuine" fender pots. The generic ones work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by soundguruman View Post
                  Listen to what I told you. Do all four things to this power amp board.
                  OR you will have repeat failures.

The best place to get pots for silverfaced twin:
                  Potentiometers | Antique Electronic Supply
                  Thy don't have to be "genuine" fender pots. The generic ones work fine.
                  Yes sir. I have copied what you have ,and printed it out.

Comment

Do all four things, and the amp will KEEP working.

Comment

Working...
                    X