DSL 100H issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSL 100H issues...

I have some issues with this DSL100H. It was working fine and then started to smell like smoke and stopped working. Well, I open it up and immediately see burnt resistors and none of the fuses have blown.

The resistors that were burnt were: R38, R39, R54, R60, R70, R86, and R90. I looked up the schematic to find the proper values, discovered that I had the right ones at hand. I replaced the burnt ones, went through and checked everything before even considering adding power. I slowly powered it up and immediately there was a loud hum, either 50 or 60Hz. Flipping the standby switch caused FS1 to blow.

Thoughts?

Please post schematic.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I guess that would help.
      Attached Files

Comment

Could you please indicate which page you are finding these burnt resistors .

Comment

How old is this amp? The schematic you have is for the older JCM2000 series, the current model now out is based on that, but I don't know if the schematic will match, especially component numbers. Just want to make sure this is the right schematic.
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

You are correct. This is the older version. There doesn't appear to be a more recent copy available. That might be an issue. I'll have to see if anyone around here is a Marshall tech then.

Comment

Originally posted by orangekick View Post
              You are correct. This is the older version.
              I take it you mean this is the older version schematic but you have the newer version (2012 Veit-Namese) amp.
              That schematic is not available in the public domain yet AFAIK.
              Try posting a request in the schematic requests page, specify it's for the newer offshore version.

Comment

Working...
              X