Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender Princeton reverb reissue Parts list ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Princeton reverb reissue Parts list ??

Hey guys I ma building up some 65 Princeton reverb reissues and I have a question about the footswitch jack... Is it a normal stereo type ?? does anyone have a parts list or know the part # I have the first one done but need to know if the jack is anything special also is their a easily had diodes for the rectifier tube I assume that they have to be specific BYR33 or something to that effect, I cant remember exactly can I use a 4007 here ?? I dont see a service manual for this anywhere like the 65 twins or deluxe's I also used Classic tone transformers in them they seem to work and sound great but run a bit lower B+ voltage around 390 to 397, but the specs on the print come out real close in the preamp tubes. Does anyone think there would be a problem using these ?? I could use some advise about them I am using the 5ar4 rectifier tubes in them also....So far the foot switch seem to be my only hold up, they sound pretty fantastic and dont really break up till you push it to 7-10 I am using old rca's and a JJ in the PI and kept the 10" and I am really impressed with it so far bt am not a professional electrician, I just play one on TV.... or I slept in a holiday inn last night.. I would like some feedback, no pun intended. Thanks guys,, Here is a link to the Transformer I used its a 40-18019 Classictone..http://www.classictone.net/40-18019.pdf as well as the matching CT output trans also
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Smitty02; 04-01-2014, 01:12 AM. Reason: more info

Could be on my end, but I couldn't get the link to open.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Any stereo 1/4 inch jack will work.
      Schematic attached
      Attached Files
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanks G-one So a regular stereo is what that is in the schematic ? I tried to use one but could only get the reveb to switch on and off I am using a old crate 2 button its just 2 shorting switches... I figured it would work maybe its my foot switch. I hooked both leads up to tip and ring the sleeve grounds to the chassis. Or am I not doing something right ? I figured it would work, well reverb did but not the trem..Maybe I didnt pay attention.. I fixed a Egnater Tourmaster head today and my head is still swimming from all those wires LOL, my god they stuff them full dont they,, possibly the little kids with small tiny hands, man those are always fun.. Sorry to say quality is lacking on those Egnater's I pulled 2 flat connectors right out the power board just pulling wires.. They sound good till they break down. I fixed several now and it always a nightmare of wires and poor solder, bad caps .... in this case a captive nut was floating loose inside plus they had 2 EL34's in the middle ad 2 6L6's in the outer sockets and a cooked well done bias supply, you know the smell of burned circuit boards in the morning ...... smells like victory ! with melted wires every where...

Comment

Like g-one says, according to the schematic any standard stereo jack should work. You must have something else funky going on.

On the diodes: The BYD33V rectifier is a fast switching diode. You may want to use UF4007 instead of 1N4007 to keep the switching noise to a minimum. IMO, if Fender thought it was necessary, there must be something to it. That said, if you have a pile of 1N4007's on hand, I don't see why they wouldn't work just fine.
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

The trem for the reissue should work without the footswitch connected, does it?
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Hi guys Yes the trem works fine with out being pluged in, so does the reverb, and yes I have a bunch of 1n4007's sorry for the late reply I have not had a chance to get back to it until now...Amps sounds good reverb and trem both work I just need to get back to that foot switch and recheck it and the foot switch and stereo cable make sure they are all good... thanks guys

Comment

hey to close this thread out I found that If you happen to have a old Crate foot switch laying around and what to make it work on a Fender, you must take the diodes out of the thing to make it work right otherwise it will mess up your tremolo ! ..... It works fine now thanks for your help guys

Comment

Working...
                X