headphone connectora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headphone connectora

Hi there...I have a question. I was looking on the net for a headphone jack adapter .....the headphones will have 1/4 inch stereo jack and I want to get an adapter to go from 1/4 inch to 1/8 or whatever the standard minature size is these days...but I am looking for the 1/4 inch jack and the adapter to be able to be screwed together rather than just plugged in...Also searched Digi-Key but couldn't find anything...Anybody here know where I can get this...or if you have a set that you would be willing to part with(for a price), let me know...I have a guy who is pretty particular on this one.....he wants the adapter and jack threaded so that they can be screwed together for a more secure fit...Any help on this one greatly appreciated......
    Cheers,
    Bernie

A bit off track, and not really an answer to your question, but does the customer actually NEED an adaptor at all? In other words, does he intend to use the phones for different inputs- both 1/4" and 1/8"? If not, why not just solder a new jack on the phones that is what he intends to use. That would be the most secure.

I've seen the type of threaded adaptor that you are looking for, but it will require that you replace the connector on the phones anyway, unless it is already threaded.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

......or something like these?

Remote Audio Sony Type 1/8 inch TRS Male Connector SONY18TRSMV2

Pearstone 1/4" Stereo Phone Screw-On Adapter AMPS-3S B&H

Comment

Thanks Dude...He is going to be using them with different pieces of equipment....and not only that the headphone cable is as thick as a mic cable and there is no way to properly secure the cable to a 1/8 inch jack....He had that done before but there is no way the cable will fit through the metal housing...so the three small wires were ran through the metal shield and attached to the pins of the plug with no way to provide a strain relief for the cable.......so it keeps breaking....by installing a 1/4 inch jack to the headphone cable and then using an adapter as needed he can use the headphones with the two different sizes of jacks....and it will eliminating the cable breaking on him.....
        I'll check out your links...
        Cheers,
        Bernie
        P.S. Had a look at those links....he would want the quarter inch jack to actually thread into the adapter..so the quarter inch jack will have threads on the outside of the barrel and the adapter would have a threaded hole on the inside.........

Comment

There is no standard for threads on the 1/4" male plugs, The little adaptors that thread onto the ends of plugs for semi=permanent conversion are specifically made for that plug. In other words, it came with the headphones originally.

If you want to fit a 3.5mm to 1/4" adaptor on the end of the 1/4" plug, then do so, and slip a piece of heat shrink tubing aroud it, and shrink it on. That will be secure, and if you want to remove it, a quick cut with a knife wil remove it.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I have not seen such a thing, but it probably exists somewhere. I have had similar situations. In fact, I just built two 50' cables for a keyboard player that were 1/8" on one end and then split into two 1/4" ends on the other so that he could get the headphone outs into two channels of a mixer. Not something I recommend doing because of the sizeable output levels, but on these particular keyboards, it was the only output available. I used mic cable to build the cables. What I did was drill out the end of the 1/8" connector so that the larger cable would fit through. I then shrink wrapped cable to connector to make it solid. They looked very pro and were very reliable. I would have no problem using them myself. Just pointing out that this can be done and done reliably if built right. If I run across anything like what you're looking for, I'll sure let you know. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks Enzo....Ok Dude.....I'll try that to see how it works.....then I can make an extension cable for him so he can switch back and forth...these headphones had came with the 1/8 inch connector but it had broken and somebody else had put another one on but didn't do what you had suggested.....Actually, I never thought of it either...but I'll try that to see how t works out....Thanks man......
              Cheers,
              Bernie

Comment

Working...
              X