Just looking for some advice/opinons on whats up with my gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just looking for some advice/opinons on whats up with my gear

So I've got a few problems and I figured that you guys may be able to help me out here, or at the very least teach me a little something. I've little experience as far as amp maintenance/repair goes so if these problems are easily solved then forgive my ignorance. Anyway, here goes.

I have a Peavey Ultra 410 with an effects loop that i utilize when plugging in my ax1500g, but what aggrivates me like crazy is that the dirty, gritty tone that i love and get from the amp seems to be cut in half and sounds kinda muddy and dead when plugged into the fx loop. Only when i unplug it do I get that tone back. I tried to just put the pedal in my chain, however since I dont like to utilize its distortion, I switch to the dist channel on my amp, but i get such an immense amnt of static and hiss. I tried to bypass the pedal, the static only slightly improved. Any way to avoid that awful noise? Lastly, when playing, sometimes that dirty, gritty tone I spoke of earlier will just cut out and it will sound like it did when i plugged my pedal into the fx loop. Though it comes and goes, it's very annoying and I'd love it to just stay put and stop fluctuating between hot, awesome tone and, well, ass.

Anyways, that's all i got. To anyone who's read this far thanks and again, I'd appreciate any help/advice.

What symptoms do you get if you plug a known-good cable straight from Send to Return on the loop?

Comment

Working...
    X