Name:	INPUT.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	868508Click image for larger version

Name:	PEAVEY XR700.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	868509

Peavey couldn't help me with this one. Just curious if anybody knows where I can get a replacement.

Have you looked at full compass?

xlr jack | Search Results | Full Compass

Comment

You can get it from switch craft.
      Switchcraft : XLR Panel Mount w/ Metal Shells

Comment

It is a Switchcraft D3F. With any luck you might be able to leave the old shell riveted in place and just free the connector for a swap.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Didn't see anything at Full Compass. I guess I am looking for the inside only. I took apart a D3F I have but it doesn't seem like it would fit on the PCB. No biggie. Thanks for the input guys!

Comment

Oh, sorry, I guess I have the wrong part in mind.

If this is the type XLR where the center part is soldered to the board and pokes out through the jack shell, then call peavey and get them from parts.

The pin spacing should be the same on all, so we need to get the right shape. The ones made for wires won;t fit a board. PC board ones come in fat pin and skinny pin, I generally just get skinny pins as they will fit fat holes. If I need to put fatpins down skinny holes, I wind up wasting time with my Dremel.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by booj View Post
              Didn't see anything at Full Compass. I guess I am looking for the inside only. I took apart a D3F I have but it doesn't seem like it would fit on the PCB. No biggie. Thanks for the input guys!
              I don't think it's a D3F, but it's similar.
              You can get it in the Switch craft catalog.
              Don't give up, keep looking, it's there.

Comment

Hmmm. I may have jumped to a conclusion. They did send me the "insides" of a pcb mount jack. It doesn't have the metal ring around the outside like in the picture, so I assumed it was for a later model powered mixer. Enzo, since you say you order the small pinned jacks, maybe I could use what they sent me. I'll try. I'll let you guys know if it works. It's part number 31466218

Comment

The difference between the small pin and large pin jacks is not huge, they are simply larger pins. You need to look close, it isn't like the large solder wires to them kind versus tiny pc mount. When I say large pin, I am not referring to the kind you solder onto a cord end.

You unsolder the old broken pins and pull them out. Then clear the holes, insert the new jack innards, and solder the new stuff in.

Comment

Working...
                  X