No announcement yet.

Peavey 1.3K power amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't believe 'diode check' on the output posts is the way to do it.
    Well, it may show up a gross short.
    You have the triacs in there to confuse things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
      I don't believe 'diode check' on the output posts is the way to do it.
      Well, it may show up a gross short.
      You have the triacs in there to confuse things.
      I realize that....but if there was negative 76 volts at both outputs wouldn't you think that there would be more than one power transistor shorted??....I haven't had a chance today to
      go through the schematic....I just had to drop everything and tend to a plumbing issue with the shower...no cold water.....only hot....I'll take a look through the schematic and check back in later tonight.....
      Cheers....

Comment

Originally posted by bsco View Post
        I realize that....but if there was negative 76 volts at both outputs wouldn't you think that there would be more than one power transistor shorted??....
        Doesn't this amp share the low voltage +16 & -16 volt power supply? Are both voltages there?

Comment

Finally was able to get back to this amp...I had found one other transistor shorted in the output.....I replaced that, re-checked all the other output and driver transistors and everything checked ok.....I hooked up a dummy load and connected a scope and ran some music.....The scope showed a signal which varied with the volume control....checked both channels....hooked up a speaker to Channel A and tested...worked great...The same with channel B.....Ran it for about an hour at half volume.....no issues.....Now onto the CS800...I'll start a new thread for that one......Thanks guys for all your help and advice....You guys are great......
          Cheers,
          Bernie

Comment

Working...
          X