Bugera 6262 noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugera 6262 noise

Hello everyone, a friend of mine dropped (front first) this Bugera 6262 combo, he dropped it from the cart he was carrying it so it wasn`t a big fall at all. The amp seems to be working just fine but when you turn up the volume the amp starts to make a noise. I just took a look inside the amp and everything seems to be fine, with the amp separated from the speakers there is no noise when you turn the volume up so I`m assuming the vibration is causing it. Another thing I`ve noticed is that two of the tubes glow blue when the amp make the noise. What the hell could be wrong? Tubes? Something loose? Please refer to this video so you can hear the noise and see what I mean. In this video I`m hitting the amp chassis with a screw driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxHC...ature=youtu.be

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Something is loose, my first vote is a bad power tube. Take the back off and tap each tube with something, see if you can find one tube that does this. That tube may be at fault. Whatever tube it is, now swap places with it and another of the same type. If the same tube now makes noises elsewhere, we know it is bad. But if the amp acts the same with the tubes moves, then something is loose inside. BY loose, I mean a cracked bit of solder or something.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks' Enzo, I`ll try that tomorrow and post how it went.

Comment

Working...
      X