Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange OR100 channel switching issue

One of my customers recently got a new OR100. Here's what he's got to say:

Really loving the OR100 head, but now my foot switch isn't changing channels. It's an Orange brand dual foot switch that can use a regular instrument cable to operate. It worked fine for a week, but then I would engage the channel switch and it would still be on the clean channel. The LED still lights up on the foot switch though. Another thing I noticed is that the foot switch will change channels fairly consistently within the first few minutes of turning the amp on. It seems that the longer the amp is on, the less the foot switch works until it finally does nothing - just stays on the clean channel.

I tried different cables, but still the same thing. There's a switch on the front of the amp to change the channels and that seems to work without issue. Any ideas?
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Well, I don't know the amp. Since the footswitch has illumination I'll guess that it engages regardless of whether power is getting out of the footswitch to trigger the switching circuit. Ordinarily the illumination is arranged in series so that if it doesn't switch, it doesn't indicate that it has. There seems to be a design oversight. It's hard to say (other than the numerous and obvious possibilities) what it might be. I'd check the schem and see if the pedal routes power directly to the switching circuit. If it does the answer is obvious. Since the illumination is working, power (or a ground path) is going to the pedal but not getting out.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Have you tried contacting Orange USA for any relevant documentation?
      They have been most helpfull to me in the past.
      Orange USA

2065 Peachtree Industrial Court
      Suite 208
      Atlanta, GA
      USA

Tel: 1-404-303-8196
      Fax: 1-404-303-7176
      info@orangeusa.com

Comment

Working...
      X