TDA2006H equivalent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDA2006H equivalent

It's an obsolete Class AB amplifier that puts out about 12 watts with a 12VDC supply voltage. Spoke to the folks at Mouser and most of the common substitutes are obsolete as well, but the tech there said the NTE1376 and NTE7169 could replace it.

The attached TDA2006 datasheet indicates that "The TDA2006 is pin to pin equivalent to the TDA2030."

Can I just sub in a TDA2030 and call it a day?
    Attached Files

Yes.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Agree and add: *maybe* you´ll get a TDA2030"V" or "no letter" which means the same: "vertical mounting" = perpendicular to the PCB, simply because it´s the most common one.

Your TDA2006 "H" hints at a "horizontal mount" one (parallel to the PCB).
      If you get same letter, fine; if not, 2 minutes with your long nose pliers will turn one into the other.

As a side note:
      the folks at Mouser and most of the common substitutes are obsolete as well, but the tech there said the NTE1376 and NTE7169 could replace it.
      I have 2 emoticons for that, pick one:
      [facepalm]
      or
      [shudder]
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Thanks a lot fellas. I was able to source a hand full of original STMicroelectronics TDA2030H for $6.00 in the door, so I'm set.

Juan, there was NO WAY I was gonna even think about using those NTE parts because Enzo would have been all over me for it. I've learned a few things around this place and that is one of them.

Comment

That is a perfect example of why not to buy NTE. You got a handful of proper replacements (actually upgrade) for probably half the price of a single, possibly correct substitute.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Alright boys, I have a grand total of $1.20 in parts and one hour invested in this charming little practice amp. The best part is the amp was given to me and I still have four TDA2030H amp chips left over. Indeed the TDA2030H works like a charm as a sub for the TDA2006H.

Thanks g-one and Juan!

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X