Fender Prosonic, Weak bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Prosonic, Weak bass

Hi everyone! Anyone know what might be the problem with a Fender Prosonic that just seems to be very weak as far as tone controls they just don't seem to do much especially the Bass control, Cranked up bass is weak. Just replaced all the tubes and biased the new set and there's no change, HELP!

Hi

Welcome ... best off giving as much info as possible, You will get more help
    In what way weak? does the bass pot work? what model prosonic is it ?

BBB

Comment

The Bass pot does work, There is just not much low end even with the bass all the way up. The amp is a year 2000 model Prosonic head version so no reverb. I had a combo version that had way more low end than this amp. Just seems week on the low end, Other than that the amp is very loud,punchy in the mids-highs. Tried 3 different cabs 1 twelve, 2 twelves and a 4 twelve cab today, Not much difference. I have had several amps, A Fender Quad reverb, A twin reverb and that combo Prosonic. So I think after 40 years playing mostly Fender amps my ear tells me somethings not right. Oh and I have a Fender Stage 1000
      that is a single 12" amp that is solid state and it can easily triple the lows coming from the Prosonic head even though the Prosonic is easily as loud if not more. Must be something wrong somewhere. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X