vox ac50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vox ac50

Hi i have a 1965 vox ac 50, not long ago it just went of so had it tested and they said power transformer was dead,so iv'e just replaced it with anew one from tad and its blown the mains fuse again, just had another test on it and replaced 5 by100 dioeds and still it keeps blowing main fuse now at a complete loss what the problem is, i'm no good with electronics and my electronics person is at his wits end trying to figure out what it could be can any body out there help.

Seeing that a new transformer was installed, I would start there.

You need to verify if it is hooked up correctly.
    The transformer itself can be tested by lifting (and marking ) the secondary wires.
    There are 2 sets of wires.
    The Heaters & the B+.
    Vac of coarse.

If the transformer tests good you should start looking for a short somewhere.

Unpowered with the transformer still disconnected.
    Attached Files

Comment

If your tech is at his wits end I would suggest you find another one. I would not suggest you do much messing around without a technical background. It could get you killed. Theses amps are not that complicated. What was the original failure? Was the original PT an open circuit primary? If not, the original PT may be good and the tech is defective....

Comment

Working...
      X