No announcement yet.

Burman 501 combo blows fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I had another look but it seems that as I somehow used my email address as my username, I can't change it. If there's an admin reading who can help - please let me know.

Comment

With vBulletin forum software users cannot change their names. Only administrator can do it. Contact tboy - he will be able to change your name.

Mark

Comment

Agree, send a message to "tboy" who is our host and administrator. Explain that you want a new name, tell him what it is, and to remove your email address from view.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Have done - thanks guys.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Bill View Post
            I thought everybody in the UK loved Spam! SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM. SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM.
            Ahh, 1978.

Monty Python broke new ground for sure (and every rule).

Monty Python - Spam - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
              Will, if your post name is your actual email address, you really should change it.

Unless you like Spam, that is.

I use my real name as user name, my mail is my full name in all major free Mail providers, I have very little or no spam ... which goes to the spam box anyway .

I guess *any* mail address you post is potentially spammable, and no mater what fake name you use when opening it ... spammers don´t care and send theirs anyway.

After all, it´s you who are checking mail there

You are the link between your real name anfd the fake one you chose

Am I missing something ?
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

yeah. I have to check my junk file regularly to find things that went there but shouldn;t have. Like a company sends me a schematic, and the spam filter thinks it is an ad. if I now have a hundred more spam emails than before, it bogs me down. it is one thing to tell us how to find your email adress, but printing it right out on an internet forum means the crawl bots that are here all the time will harvest it. If i spell out my email as in enzo at msn dot com, anyone here could figure that out, but not the bots. (That isn't it by the way) but if I write it in proper address form, I will get more junk mail.

The bots will not bother to figure out your email addy, but if it is sitting there on the screen, they will grab it.

And the internet never forgets. On some other forum, I once offered to share a schematic if someone would write to my email at dot com address. over 10 years later, I am still getting requests from that posting. Nowdays it is easier to post schematics and there are many more places to link to them.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Seems I was premature in blaming the diodes. With new ones in the circuit the resistance readings are the same, so it must be the way the circuit is configured - or that the fault is causing that reading.

Anyway – Enzo; you suggested disconnecting the B+ to the OT's primary and seeing whether it still blows fuses then. Well it does. I guess the good news is that that means it's not the OT that's causing the problem?

Comment

Okay - after lifting the supply to there OT's centre tap I tried lifting the supply to the smoothing caps. Still lights up the current limiting bulb. So I lifted the supply to the rectifier diodes. Still lights up the bulb although not quite as brightly - I think, anyway. Does this indicate that the PT is knackered?

Comment

To prove out the current draw of the power transformer, you must lift every secondary wire.

Comment

Yup. The only way to stop the massive current draw is to disconnect the PT's primary - resistance across it is 5 ohms.

Comment

Disconnecting the secondaries first is the way to do it.

Comment

Sorry - I mean to say, I did. I lifted the HT to the rectifier, the bias and the heater circuits. The lamp came on every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Willholmania View Post
                              Sorry - I mean to say, I did. I lifted the HT to the rectifier, the bias and the heater circuits. The lamp came on every time.
                              Well, that's a bad sign. Just to be sure, what wattage lamp are you using in your limiter?

Comment

100 watts, Bill. 240v.

Comment

Working...
                                X