Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Boogie Dual rectifier solo head channel s/w noise

Good afternoon too you all

Mesa Boogie Dual rectifier solo head has anyone had a luck with modding this range to stop or cut down the banging you get between channels
    My customer runs a recording studio and don't really want the banging when you change between channels. worse when returning to channel 1

I understand that its a common problem with these amps

Answers on a post card too

BBB

This may help others seeking the same cure .. had a reply from mesa

> Hi John,
    >
    > I'm guessing you are looking at a 3 Channel Rectifier head. I'm not aware of any mod for this concern. What I suspect your customer hears is a capacitance discharge and this is normal in these amps. Usually you can sequence through the channels from the footswitch to trigger the pops at start up and if you're switching channels regularly it doesn't pop so loudly. However if you go for a while without changing channels, you'll build up a charge and hear a louder pop.
    >
    > We opted to go this route because of some LDR issues in the previous model. Channel switching in these amps is instantaneous and we haven't seen the issues that occurred with the 2 channel's LDRs. We thought it would be better to live with the pops than to see customer have costly LDR repairs years down the road.
    >
    > I know this doesn't resolve the concern but hopefully explains why we opted to go this route.
    >
    > Kind Regards,
    > Trent

Comment

I guess if you spent enough time analyzing the circuit and doing practical trials there could be a fix using pull-up or grounding resistors in the 4 to 10M Ohm region. You could still beat the time-constant of these with rapid cycling of the channel switching, though.

The problem is there are so many circuits switched simultaneously. Maybe one of these adds more noise than another.

Comment

Working...
      X