Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender BF 1965 Super Reverb Buzz (with no tubes installed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good lord,

Well gentleman, I could slink away with just my shame for company; but I'm not gonna do that.

I thank you all for your input.

The win goes to Tom Phillips (& the lose to me ).

I always take "in progress" pics and since Tom mentioned the 100uf cap connection I decided to scroll through the photos on my phone,......sure enough, staring right at me,....... the non connection.

As you can see I even trace out the connections on the board so I don't forget one.

I do feel dumb, but am grateful for your input.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cap.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	836051

Comment

Good news! There's no shame in making a mistake, only failing to admit you made one. We've all done it. Glad you got it figured out.
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Yes. Good news that you found the fault and that it correlates with the symptoms you observed. I'm sure glad that you reported your findings because I was really stumped for any further suggestions. Does the amp work normally now?

Comment

Great!

*wispers so that noone else hears* Pst, I did the exact same thing on my first build.
          In this forum everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Comment

Tom,

Everything seems to be in order. Did a quick play test last night. I think just a little pot & jack cleaning should put this one to bed.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X