Axial Lead Electrolytics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axial Lead Electrolytics

We have a lot of amps that are getting a few years on, and one of our B-3s may be telling me that it needs to be recapped. If so, I figure I'd better buy enough for at least a couple of the Bs, and some others. Mouser.com used to be a great source for axials, but now the affordable brands have a poor selection, and the brands with a good selection are quite expensive. Whom do you like as a source for what brand?

I use, almost exclusively, Antique Electronic Supply. https://www.tubesandmore.com/customer-service Good parts and service every time.

Comment

Yeah, I don't know if they changed shipping or expediting but I've been getting stuff from them to the east coast in a few days when it used to be a week and a half to two weeks.

Extensive and hard to find stuff in stock

Comment

I've been buying their F & T series Axial (and radial multi-section) caps. They also carry 500V rated Illinois Capacitor,k Inc axial's. I had read some bad press about the 'Basic Axial Lead' caps C-ET series, as well as about the JJ Electronics, though I haven't researched it beyond downloading the data sheets. It may be the 70 deg C rating on the JJ's. The F & T are very reliable, and what I've been sticking with. 450V and lower, United Chemicon, Nichicon and others, thru Mouser serve me just fine.
        Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Working...
        X