behringer pmp2000 blowing fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• behringer pmp2000 blowing fuse

I have behringer europower pmp2000 that would not power up so I took it a part and it has some burned resistors I want to start to repair the burnt parts I think I figured out the burnt resistors but the transistors Im confused because the part say's MJE5032G CQ942 on one and the other one says MJF150336 CQ945 but the board says 15033 or 10532? Any info on the parts and anything else to check please let me know ThanksClick image for larger version

Name:	dec 2014 001.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	869115

15032 and 15033 would be short form for MJE15032 and MJE15033. Are you sure that isn't what the transistors say on them? Post a picture of the transistors so we can see the numbers on them.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

If the drivers are toast then the output transistors are probably in no better shape.
      2SD5200 & 2SA1973 are the numbers of the output devices.
      If they are bad, make sure to check/ replace the low value (0.33 ohm) ballast resistors.

Also, the triacs on the Neutrix board should be verified still good.
      (The triacs sometimes give there lives to save the speaker)
      Attached Files

Comment

My bad they did say MJE15032 and MJE15033. Where do I buy the 2SD5200 and 2SA1973? Are the low 0.33 ohm ballast resistors the white big white ones? Which one are the triacs? Thanks for any info

Comment

I use FindChips.com: Electronic Components Search by Top Distributors as a first attempt to find semiconductors.

Yes, the 'big white ones' are the ballast resistors.
          Most meters will have a tough time reading .033, so if they read anything low, they are good.
          What you do not want is an open circuit reading.

The triac is on the Neutrix board.
          (Oh what fun it is removing that)
          You may be able to test it simply by going on the boards input (amplifier signal) leads.
          They should show 'open'.
          If they are shorted you will get a low reading on your meter.

Comment

Thanks, I having a hard time finding the 5200/1943 parts? I sae Ebay have some but I don't trust that. Did they change part#?

Comment

Originally posted by Jam View Post
              Thanks, I having a hard time finding the 5200/1943 parts? I sae Ebay have some but I don't trust that. Did they change part#?
              Those part numbers may be obsolete now. I wouldn't trust the eBay/Chinese ones either.

You may have to replace them with more modern transistors.

Comment

My apologies, I had typed the incorrect output transistor part numbers.

2SC5200 2SC5200-O(Q) Toshiba | Mouser

2SA1943 2SA1943-O(Q) Toshiba | Mouser

Comment

Working...
                X