GT120 project that needs a helping hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
    Really glad to hear that you got the amp working.

As an aside, maybe you could send a word or two to the supplier indicating the frustration that was caused by bad documentation.
    Who knows, maybe the supplier doesn't realize the gaffs on the supplied schematic.
    Hi everyone,

I am the owner of Hilbish Design, just wanted to clear some things up on this forum. I was really sorry to hear the OP had issues with the original build, and made myself available through email to assist him. I do admit these were errors that should have been caught before the schematic was sent out, and these are errors that will cause problems and frustration. This was the first I had heard of these issues, and have corrected the schematic accordingly and sent it out to everyone who has bought a PCB or kit. I try to offer as much support as possible to people who have bought the kits. I would be happy to answer any questions anyone may have.

The reason behind this kit was to provide the community with an opportunity to own a very hard to find amplifier. It started out as a personal project, and I figured others would also be interested.

You can send me and email at hilbishdesign@gmail.com if you have any questions. Happy New Years!

Comment

How about uploading that corrected schematic here?
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanks for having the balls (in the good meaning ) of appearing here and clearing things

May I suggest you write old customers (probably you have a list saved somewhere) and send them the new schematic?

Maybe some used the layout or just "filled up the PCB" without even referring to it, so they didn't notice.

It might be useful for possible future troubleshooting .

Thanks
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
          Thanks for having the balls (in the good meaning ) of appearing here and clearing things

May I suggest you write old customers (probably you have a list saved somewhere) and send them the new schematic?

Maybe some used the layout or just "filled up the PCB" without even referring to it, so they didn't notice.

It might be useful for possible future troubleshooting .

Thanks
          Already done. I keep a mailing list of all past customers to keep them updated on any changes or other related updates to the project. We have had several customers complete amps and I am always available and happy to answer any questions. Thanks!

Comment

Not that I enjoy quoting myself or anything, but
            Originally posted by g-one View Post
            How about uploading that corrected schematic here?
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g-one View Post
              Not that I enjoy quoting myself or anything, but
              Here you guys go. I would suggest removing the original schematic, so there is no chance of future viewers getting confused. If anyone wants a PDF version just shoot me an email at hilbishdesign@gmail.com. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Click image for larger version

Name:	GT120 Schematic .jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	836495

Comment

Originally posted by NateH View Post
                Here you guys go. I would suggest removing the original schematic, so there is no chance of future viewers getting confused.
                I don't know if removal of the original is possible now, that's why I thought it important for you to post the corrected version here.
                Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for correcting and posting the schematic
                  Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
                  X