Yorkville NX750P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yorkville NX750P

This might help somebody out....The horn was weak sounding..there were highs there but sounded weak when compared to another identical unit.....called the guys at Yorkville and they were very helpful.....It turns out the problem was caused by an elect. cap....C9 on the output module....

(I tried injecting a signal through the ckt and scope it but I couldn't see where it was losing the signal, hence the phone call).....when I saw the cap I also noticed that there were other caps that had the same faded dull look to them......I checked them and they were also leakly.....then i checked a few more in the woofer amp section....I found more....however, the only problem that was noticeable was the horn issue.....anyway I replaced them all.....

I also noticed that there were some 5W 12K resistors mounted tight to the board and sealed with silicone.....the board was burning....So I removed them, installed new ones and raised them up.....There was also a transistor which was just clamped down to the ckt board with no heat sink.....and the board was burning there as well.....I replaced the transistor and made up a heat sink from aluminum stock as the available ones were too large for the space provided.....put everything back together and the horns were nice and crisp......not dull sounding like before.....SO C9 was the cap that was causing that particular problem....Hope this helps somebody else in the future......
Working...
X