Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Spider 4 Preset pot value.

Hi there.

I currently have on my bench a Line 6 Spider 4 with a broken Preset pot. I have dismantled it but no markings on pot?

I have looked around for schematics but they seem to be rare as hens teeth, so can some kind soul here give me the pot value and type please?

As always thanks in advance for any help you may supply.

Trevor C.

I'm going to guess it's a rotary encoder rather than a pot. Does it turn continuously and maybe have detents?
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

It may have in the past but it doesn't now. Its completely obliterated hence the reason I'm asking.

Comment

spider-iv-3012-schematic.pdf

Maybe this will help? Or, if you could provide the designation number.

Comment

Thanks kindly, but the 3012 doesn't have the preset pot feature. The one I have on the bench is the 150 watt stereo version.
          For reference the designator is E700.
          Thanks again for you time.

Comment

Does it look like this?

Line 6 24 12 0010 Line 6 Spider Encoder Switch, 24-12-0010 | Full Compass

Comment

Thanks that certainly does look like him to me
              I wish it was anyone other than Full Compass. . .have you ever tried to create an account with them? Its got to be the most pedantic and ridiculously tedious setup in the history of creating accounts EVER!! I have tried at least 5 times now and still no luck.
              But I digress thanks for pointing me in the right direction mate
              Edit: I found another place that sells these and they are asking for $101 USD for shipping a pot??? LOL check this. . . Wow! the people at Haight Ashbury Music Centre certainly know how to make a buck eh. Screenshot by Lightshot

Cheers,
              Trevor C

Comment

It seems to me I've purchased from Full Compass in the past without having to create an account. I think I just added to the cart and went through checkout.

On the other hand, we've at least learned what it is, which is a 20 step rotary encoder w/switch made by Alpha with a D shaft. Maybe using that info you can find one from a closer electronic supplier.

Comment

Check the original to see if it has 5 terminals, three for the basic encoder and two more for the push in switch. That's what the one at Full Compass is selling.

Comment

Note the part designator is E700, E for encoder. I bet the designators next to the actual pots are R something or VR something.
                    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Find a dead one on the bay for parts?
                      Or maybe something like a dead Boss pedal or something similar that uses the same encoder?

Comment

Thanks guys for all your suggestions.
                        As always you have been extremely helpful
                        Yes its good to know that I'm looking for a 20 step rotary encoder w/switch made by Alpha with a D shaft it and yes has 5 terminals, but no funnily enough is doesn't have any other designator than E700 no VR or R designators anywhere.
                        Thanks for the suggestion of buying a dead one but I live in New Zealand and the shipping alone would outweigh the cost of one encoder.
                        I've sent an email to the webmaster at full compass about my account dilema so hopefully things will be sorted soon.

Thanks again chaps,

Trevor

Comment

Originally posted by jstbrowsin View Post
                          Thanks for the suggestion of buying a dead one but I live in New Zealand and the shipping alone would outweigh the cost of one encoder.
                          Have you searched eBay just for the encoder? You could get one directly from China.

Comment

And it looks like we have a winner! Genius!!!

6mm D Shaft 20 Position 360 Degree Rotary Encoder w Push Button Switch | eBay

Cheers mate

Comment

It says E700 next to the encoder, but next to the volume control the board isn't labeled R or VR something?
                              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                              X