Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshall 3210 Mosfet head. Can't turn off the boost channel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me correct the prior reading, it was 0.03v on 4,6, and 11. When I hit footswitch, I get 0.76v on 4,6, and 11.

Comment

Originally posted by bclemons View Post
      Let me correct the prior reading, it was 0.03v on 4,6, and 11. When I hit footswitch, I get 0.76v on 4,6, and 11.
      Ok, you "get 0.76v on 4,6, and 11." .......... and? .................................... does the drive channel now get muted or not?

If it does, it was a poor solder job and now you solved it.
      If it does not then CA3046 is dead.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

It was too late to keep working on the amp without disturbing the kids. I'm about to go try it now.

Comment

It's working correctly now. Thank you all very much. Now I just have to replace the pot and jack that I destroyed in the process.

Comment

So it was the +15V_through_R10 not reaching pins 4/6/11 which are transistor bases and would switch said transistors ON/OFF , muting audio when ON .... which didn't happen of course.

Said bases, being a forward biased diode, would alternate between 0V (no muting) and roughly 0.7V (muting).

As you see, it was repaired not replacing a single part , in this case logically finding a broken connection (bad soldering) .

Congratulations
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
            X