Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

very particular Fender amp repair / restoration in Los Angeles (Burbank / NoHo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a hopeless romantic, I guess... Anyone care to get the specs on a TBS-composition resistor? turd/beer/smoke...

I have seen the sparks fly out of white-cap tubes, though. And the 6L6GCs that lose the base pin and get 480VDC on the heater pin...

Justin
    "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
    "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
    "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
      Anyone care to get the specs on a TBS-composition resistor? turd/beer/smoke...
      Of course Leo is right. But indeed there have been many TBS comp resistors that have hampered amp performance without a pyrotechnics show. Once located and removed the amp returns to proper operation. I've seen it go both ways. The TBS comp resistor on the Fender shorting jack was even proposed by Enzo once regarding the survival of a Bassman that was used as a preamp for years with no load connected and had survived! The owner would plug the "EXT.SPEAKER" jack directly into another amps input and just turn the Bassman up a little bit If such a resistor forms and cooks/cures slowly, it's plausible.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

HA! I win! I win! Enzo said so!

Actually I recently plugged the ext. spkr of my BM100 into the in on my DI box instead of the line out, then ran the Aux.Out on the DI to my regualr Bassman... Fun happened.

Justin
        "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
        "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
        "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Working...
        X