Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crate TD50B replacement input jack - parts numbers/suppliers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate TD50B replacement input jack - parts numbers/suppliers?

I have a Crate Limo amp that is great for my flute and guitar duo, but the Channel 2 (guitar) input jack has gotten funky. Seems like it should be easy to fix, I can't really get in there, easier to replace it.

Does anyone have experience with getting replacement parts for Crate products? Like parts numbers? I see Digikey is a supplier of choice, coming up with a parts number seems to be the big challenge. How do you handle this?

Thanks, Kevin

Have you tried simply resoldering the jack.

How about a pic?

A phone call to Loud Technologiies is a good place to start.
    Tel: +1 (866 858 5832)

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
      Have you tried simply resoldering the jack.

How about a pic?

A phone call to Loud Technologiies is a good place to start.
      Tel: +1 (866 858 5832)
      It is a sealed unit, JP, the solder joints to the board are fine. When I wiggle the plug I can get it to work, though. Today is Sunday, I'll give them a call in the morning. Thank you!

Comment

I believe it is a TX50DB.

Wiggling the jack sounds like broken solder.

http://music-electronics-forum.com/a...47-774xxc0.pdf
        Last edited by Jazz P Bass; 03-29-2015, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Or TD50C ?
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Is the body of the jack black plastic, with a milky white translucent cover? Four or maybe six little black bumps on the corners holding it in place? You can pry that cover off and reveal the innards, if that helps.

I would have no problem replacing such a jack with the common open ones like this:

NMJ6HHD2 Neutrik | Mouser
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thank you, everyone, for all the suggestions. I got an email this morning from Loud Tech, they are all over it. Thank you!

Cheers, Kevin
              ---

Comment

I recently had a jack doing that - it was the jack, not the joints - bad corrosion. Here's how I fix 'em: I took a bad guitar cord and chopped the plug off about 1.5" from the back end of the plug. I lightly filed the plug long ways so it's just a little rough. I put this in the drill with the back of the plug about 3/4" from the chuck. I then spray the jack and plug with cleaner, plug it in, and spin away (not too fast). I spray it again to rinse, and all is usually well (if not, I repeat).

Comment

Nice trick.
                  Burnishing is what you are implying.
                  Care must be taken that the nickel plating is not removed.
                  If it is, you might as well simply replace the bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                    Burnishing is what you are implying.
                    Thank you! I might try that with a q-tip, can't hurt. I use it for weddings and I tend to replace things so that i don't have to worry about it. I also travel with a back-up amp. I never needed it, but I might. My buddy Donny said, "professional attitude, one-time-in-a-thousand". I will even order an extra jack, for next time. That's why they hire me, I'm their insurance that this stuff won't happen. I have had a nice life with this way of doing things. Thanks for the suggestions, this is a good topic.

Cheers,

Kevin
                    ---

Comment

Working...
                    X