No announcement yet.

Marshall JCM900 Preamp Tubes not lit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JCM900 SL-X 100 watter -similar problems?

Wow, what a great forum! I'm a player, not an electrical engineer- so I won't be executing the repair myself; but I was hoping to get some info about what my SL-X is doing to educate myself about the repair it needs.

Sometimes it runs fine.. for a while. Then it will go silent. Toggling the power switch will sometimes bring it back to life, sometimes not. Sometimes it is dead when powered up, except for a "pop" heard at the cabinet.

Now, this may be my imagination because it only happened once, but I swear a humming started that got louder and louder until I took a mild shock through my guitar and turned the head off in a panic.

I love this head- any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

Comment

Hi MGTS. Welcome to the place.

You really ought to start a new thread for your amp, then more people will see it.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks! I did more searching and it looks like it is the well known rectifier circuit problem, so I won't take up any more board space with another post. Thanks for the reply though!

Comment

Working...
        X