No announcement yet.

DFX Professional 215X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the delay......had family visit from out of province.....bbq's, parties, etc, etc.....anyway here is some info....the DC resistance of the good driver is 6.1 ohms. It is a screw on assy......there are four bolts securing the diaphram to the driver......2 3/8 inches from center to center......looks like the thread width is 1 3/8 inches in diameter.....looks like the diameter of the coil winding in the diaphram is 1 and 3/4 inches......attached are a couple more pics.....
    CheersClick image for larger version

Name:	P1010124.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	665.1 KB
ID:	838169Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010123.JPG
Size:	651.5 KB
ID:	838170Click image for larger version

Name:	p1010121.JPG
Size:	633.8 KB
ID:	838171Click image for larger version

Name:	p1010116.JPG
Size:	687.6 KB
ID:	838172

Comment

This should be the one:

Diaphragm for Mackie SRM 450 EaW P Audio Behringer Cerwin Vega B 52 Turbosound | eBay
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Thanks Dude...It looks like the one.....
        Cheers.....

Comment

As others have said here, I would recommend at the very least you install caps inline to the mid drivers. These things won't last long with full frequency music program- not too mention that the speakers probably sound like ass wired that way. If they were mine, I'd probably install something like this:

Eminence PXB2:2K5CX 2-Way Speaker Crossover Board 2,500 Hz

It would give you some HF protection and make the cabinet sound a hell of a lot better.

Comment

I will have to check with the owner to see if he is willing to spend the extra bucks....If he is, I will get the crossovers..If he isn't, I will have to go with series caps....
            These cabinets are wired up with lamp cord....the electrical wire that you would find on your end table lamps...and everything is all wired in parallel...Each cab has 5 piezo horns, the mid horn which has the diaphram blown and then the woofers.......not even sure if everything is phased properly...I will have to check that out.....
            Thanks for the link....Much appreciated.....
            Cheers

Comment

Not to drag this out and just an FYI:
              That same horn driver is used in several other cabinets currently on the market working successfully without the addition of piezo tweeters. It's perfectly capable of reproducing more than just mid frequencies and will be much smoother in the top end than piezo tweeters....That is a hint.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                Not to drag this out and just an FYI:
                That same horn driver is used in several other cabinets currently on the market working successfully without the addition of piezo tweeters. It's perfectly capable of reproducing more than just mid frequencies and will be much smoother in the top end than piezo tweeters....That is a hint.
                Just talked to the owner...He wants me to install the crossovers....so I will be placing an order for these and the diaphram today.....as far as the pezio's are concerned, I was thinking about making them switchable so the owner could switch them in or out depending on his preference.....what do you think of that idea...
                Cheers,
                Bernie

Comment

Old thread (I know), but I just got one of these in the shop and remembered this thread. I thought I might save someone from a bad purchase. Holy crap, what junk. Quite possibly one of the cheapest POS speakers I've seen. Mine had a "crossover" (used loosely)- One cap, one coil, and 2 resistors. This one does not have the "real" horn driver. Instead, another piezo coupled to a giant horn so it looks like something. I'm surprised they bothered with a crossover. And, of course the row of 5 piezo tweeters. I suppose more drivers looks impressive to the DJ folk. It's a dual 15" box with horn and tweeters, yet it's made of 1/2" pressed wood. You can lift the entire box easily with one hand. According to the rear panel it's rated at 1500W although looking at the speakers I'd put them at 200 each tops.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                    Old thread (I know), but I just got one of these in the shop and remembered this thread. I thought I might save someone from a bad purchase. Holy crap, what junk. Quite possibly one of the cheapest POS speakers I've seen. Mine had a "crossover" (used loosely)- One cap, one coil, and 2 resistors. This one does not have the "real" horn driver. Instead, another piezo coupled to a giant horn so it looks like something. I'm surprised they bothered with a crossover. And, of course the row of 5 piezo tweeters. I suppose more drivers looks impressive to the DJ folk. It's a dual 15" box with horn and tweeters, yet it's made of 1/2" pressed wood. You can lift the entire box easily with one hand. According to the rear panel it's rated at 1500W although looking at the speakers I'd put them at 200 each tops.
                    I remember all too well the set that I had to repair...the owner thought that they were great......they might look impressive but like you said...they are junk....

Comment

Hey, if you have to call to attention the term 'Professional' in the name, beware!

Comment

Did any of you take a gut picture?
                        IŽd love to see those "750W" woofers
                        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                          Did any of you take a gut picture?
                          IŽd love to see those "750W" woofers
                          Unfortunately, I did not.....I only took pics of the mid horn driver....

Comment

Nor did I, but if one comes in again, I will be sure to get some snaps.

Comment

Originally posted by bsco View Post
                              Anybody here ever heard of these spkr cabinets, comes with two woofers, one mid horn and 5 piezo tweeters......Looks like somebody wired everything together with zip cord......Isn't there supposed to be a crossover in this???? somewhere??? hoping I can find a wiring diagram at least...nothing on google that I could find.....Comments,Anybody???
                              Cheers
                              I am aware this is an old thread but since it still ranks high on a google search I thought I would add in my two cents.

The DFX 215x, imo is a Seismic Audio Product.

The woofer

Denali 15" - PA Speakers or Raw Woofers - 500 Watts RMS each

Model #: Denali 15
                              15" Woofer/Speaker
                              80 oz Magnet with 3" voice coil
                              500 Watts RMS, 1000 Watts Peak
                              Impedance: 8 Ohms
                              Frequency response: 45 Hz to 3K Hz
                              Sensitivity: 98db
                              Pressed Steel Chassis
                              Paper Cone
                              Weight: 13 lbs each

Tweater
                              T-Diaphragm - Replacement Diaphragm for Seismic Audio Titanium Horn Driver
                              Frequency Response: 1.5K - 20K
                              Sensitivity: 102 dB
                              100 Watts RMS - 200 Watts Peak
                              8 Ohm
                              Titanium
                              0.05 lbs each

The DFX 4000 amp has exactly the same visual layout as the Seismic Audio MBG-4000. I believe they are identical.

Power Handling

2 x 500 Watts @ 8 Ohms
                              2 x 1000 Watts @ 4 Ohms
                              Momentary Peak Output 4000 Watts @ 4 Ohm Bridge

Technical Specs

Input level: 0 dB
                              Input Resistance: 20K ohm
                              Rising Speed: 45 v/us (BTL-MONO 90v/us)
                              Distortion for adjustment: <0.01%
                              Signal Noise Ratio: >95 dB
                              Frequency Response: 20Hz-20K Hz
                              General Harmonic Wave Distortion: 20Hz-20K Hz <0.1%
                              Operation Power Voltage: AC 110V, 50-60 Hz

Front of Amplifier

Channel A and B volume controls
                              Clip maximum level indicator
                              Signal indicator
                              Power indicator
                              Power red when started

Rear of Amplifier

Channel A and B signal input (XLR & 1/4" jack connectors)
                              Channel A and B power output (Speakon & binding post connectors)
                              Stereo/Bridge Mono switch
                              Lift/Ground switch
                              Fuse: 10A
                              AC input: 110V, 50-60 Hz
                              Dual cooling fan

Dimensions: 2 Space / Fits Standard 19" rack cases
                              Weight: 18.5 lbs

Are they a great product? Well, they are cheap.... 'nuff said. Also, there should be a crossover in them, SACN-153 I think is the model number for it. (This one to me looks a bit different to what I can remember about the crossover, but is as close as I can find on the SA website, and has a workable crossover point for the above speakers.)

Hopefully this info is useful to someone out there. -jeff-

Comment

I like how the Seismic loaded 2x12 is cheaper than the empty one.
                                Originally posted by Enzo
                                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
                                X