No announcement yet.

Fender Super 60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a chance to play the super 60 with my drummer recently. Nice cleans, and it can sure keep up with the skins

I did touch up some solder joints, replace the one PSU dropping resistor plus the 6L6 screen grid resistors, and make a small modification to bring the rev C board up to rev F or thereabouts. The initial problem I had with crackling at power up seems to have disappeared, thankfully. Not sure if it's anything I did. Maybe re-forming the PSU caps? I did read a thread or two on that topic.

As soon as I learn how to play like Carlos Santana, I'll let everybody know how the drive channel is
    If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
    If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
    We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
    MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by eschertron View Post
      I had a chance to play the super 60 with my drummer recently. Nice cleans, and it can sure keep up with the skins

<snip>

As soon as I learn how to play like Carlos Santana, I'll let everybody know how the drive channel is
      See what I mean ^^ back in #5? Good soundin' amp. cheap.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post

See what I mean ^^ back in #5? Good soundin' amp. cheap.
        Just tore into one...just to fix a jack I really like the way this amp sounds.
        Well, you know what they say: "One man's mojo is another man's mojo".

Comment

Originally posted by tbonuss View Post

Just tore into one...just to fix a jack I really like the way this amp sounds.
          Wow, 8 1/2 years later my opinion is still good on these. Although I don't think I've seen one in for repair since I posted last on this thread way back then. Maybe they just don't break much? Best of luck with yours! Well worth maintaining.
          This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Working...
          X