Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ragepta View Post
    How much is it worth today anyway?
    That's a great question, these things are so rare nobody has put a value on them. The collector that brought this one to my shop seems to think it's worth a lot and is willing to spend some bucks to get it running again, and I do mean some bucks because I don't have it running yet and there's a considerable amount of time and effort I've already expended. Of course I can never charge him for the real labor cost, you could go out and buy a nice car for that amount and anyway, I rightly or wrongly consider this fun and challenging.
    ... That's $1.00 for the chalk mark and $49,999.00 for knowing where to put it!

Comment

Hi Billy. Glad you found the drawings useful. I’m not sure where ‘worthless’ came from though and a schematic for a different version is bound to be ‘incorrect’. They’ve been checked against two regular production units and they’re correct. They should be, they came from the factory. The ones we looked at had +/-12v low voltage supplies instead of +/-15 and used 7812 and 7912 regulators. There were probably a few other changes over the years.
      You’ve got an odd one there, has it got a serial number?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris D View Post
        Hi Billy. Glad you found the drawings useful. I’m not sure where ‘worthless’ came from though and a schematic for a different version is bound to be ‘incorrect’.
        Yeah, bad choice of words... sorry. Your schematics were of great value with this version although as you have said, there were some differences. It's those differences that give me a glimpse into the thinking process of engineering during it's development cycle. You get a better sense of what worked and what didn't work so well. I have not come across a serial number on it yet but I think this one is a really early version just in light of the differences between what you have and what I have.

I have also just been delivered it's footswitch although in pieces... actually not even all the pieces but enough of them to make it live once again. I'll need to start a new thread on that one, it's a doozie.
        ... That's $1.00 for the chalk mark and $49,999.00 for knowing where to put it!

Comment

Hi guys,

i'm looking for all the info i can find (schematics/pics/...) about the redmere soloist. I'm restoring one at the moment

It looks like the backfromthesixties.co.uk domain is no longer active, and it seems like it hosted a lot of interesting material....

Anyone happen to have those plans and info somewhere?

thanks in advance!

J

Comment

Working...
          X