Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Marshall filament q's

Well actually one....
    I have another SLX with bad dc bridge connections, I was going to replace the bridge with one with long leads to connect wires to to their connections.
    Will a 1.5 A bridge suffice?
    Supposedly 12AX7's draw 300ma each times three is only 900, so it should be okay right?
    Thanks.

The heater startup currents are higher for a few seconds, and the current pulses into the filter are higher than the load ... I forget the math, though.

Comment

Assuming the bridge will only feed the heaters of the 12AX7's,(dont have a schem handy),I would say you would be okay,but I would want a bit more than the 1.5amps just for a bigger safety margin.

Comment

Well it's got a peak surge current of 50A for 8.3 milli seconds (according to the package) , but I was thinking of going with a higher current unit to be safe.
        Anyone know what the stock one is rated at?
        S'pose I could look it up.

Oh, if you ever want to look up parts to see who has them try:
        Findchips.com

Comment

Pardon me for not getting more deeper into this problem as I would think there are other reasons besides just the underated rectifier which really isn't all that underated. According to specs it should be enough current to suffice 900 ma's. It is also being fed (correct me if I'm wrong/no schemo) from the 6.3 volt heater source of the power tubes so that could also be dragging it down. It seems that most heater circuits that run parallel, no dc don't have this problem or a single tap for DC doesn't and it also seems that increasing the rectifier to the British WO8 solves the problem but I'm wondering if the power tubes may have something to do with it also.
          KB

Comment

Working...
          X