Views:	1
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	839279Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	839276

Comment

Both of those "Tropical Fish" capacitors shown in your photos were/are 0.02uf. the modern value replacement would be a 0.022uF value and any voltage rating of ~400V or more would do. If it were my amp I'd just start by replacing the broken one.

Comment

Thanks a bunch! Kinda figured 0.022/400v was gonna be it, that tropical fish had me thrown though, I didn't know if somebody had changed those or if they were factory. Thanks so much for all the info

Comment

Originally posted by pnut5150 View Post
          ...I didn't know if somebody had changed those or if they were factory...
          I say that they are factory installed because of the characteristics of the solder joints.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Original Solder Joint.jpg
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	839281
          Note how the solder joints in the attached photo are crowned upward. That and the overall look of the joints are why I think they are factory original solder joints. Fender soldered most of the eyelets from the back side of the board before the parts board subassembly with flying wires was installed in the chassis. The solder crown is formed as the solder is pulled down by gravity. You will not find the crowning on the eyelets where transformer and choke wires are attached because they must be soldered after the parts board is installed in the chassis. The crown is also lost if the solder joint is re-flowed or the part is replaced after the board is installed in the chassis.

Comment

Yes sir they for sure look factory, it still has what looks to be the original RCA tubes in the 6v6 spot..

Comment

Did we ever determine what the heck amp this is? Drip edge tells me nothing, and frankly I never care about the year, I care about condition. Can we just know type? Is there a tube chart on the wall inside that says AB763 or some such? Right now it seems like this:

What size belt does my car need?

What sort of car is it?

It is a 1969 Chevy.

Can you be more specific?

Sure, it is a 1969 Chevy sedan.

fender used a lot of values, look inside your amp, and see how many are there. There is no standard value.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

"Princeton-Amp AA964" is what model the tag says. No reverb, just vibrato.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post

What sort of car is it?

It is a 1969 Chevy.

Can you be more specific?

Sure, it is a 1969 Chevy sedan.
                  "The red one, maybe I should just show you a picture?"

Click image for larger version

Name:	red-car.jpg
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	839282
                  Originally posted by Enzo
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Comment

Replace the tubes, all the electrolytic caps, 3 prong power cord, the tropical fish cap (just the busted one). There is one bad coupling cap, which I have found a exact Ajax replacement on eBay.

Comment

Working...
                      X