No announcement yet.

KMD XV100SD Tube Amp has FX Loop problem - please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, after beating myself and driving you guys crazy, I hooked the FX processor Out to FX Out on amp, and FX processor In to Fx In on amp, and it works great.

In all my years I've never seen this. Usually, out goes to in!

Thank you all for your valuable time and knowledge. I greatly appreciate you all.

Comment

Glad you got it figured out! That is just goofy. I can't say that I've seen labeling like that on a loop before.
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
        Glad you got it figured out! That is just goofy. I can't say that I've seen labeling like that on a loop before.
        I know, Right? Never seen it before. I guess KMD made the labeling for dummies, but this dummy almost didn't figure it out! Haha. Thanks again for your help and guidance!!!!

Comment

That is goofy. Like the Fender reverb loop labeling, which I always thought was a little goofy too.
          Seeing as they are board mounted, I guess they have to stay that way, although you could re-label them.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I still find it odd that inserting a cable in the loops, as I suggested in post #11 did not work (see your post #12). The cable doesn't care which is in or out. It's a bit of a moot point now that you've figured it out, but the amp should have worked just jumpering the loops with a cable. Knowing there is not a problem with the amp (other than labeling),I'm a bit baffled as to why this did not work.
            "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
              I still find it odd that inserting a cable in the loops, as I suggested in post #11 did not work (see your post #12). The cable doesn't care which is in or out. It's a bit of a moot point now that you've figured it out, but the amp should have worked just jumpering the loops with a cable. Knowing there is not a problem with the amp (other than labeling),I'm a bit baffled as to why this did not work.

Not sure, but from post #12, I got the impression he did not connect the in & out of the loop, just inserted cord into 1 jack at a time?
              But even if that is the case, the results (in post #12) don't make sense either.
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Please let there be some one here who is willing and able to help me? I have the same amp, and I am in dire need of assistance.
                I am having issues with the channel switching, the clean channel is always on!

Comment

Working...
                X