Marshall DSL 100H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall DSL 100H

Thought I would post this.....This Marshall had the problem on switching channels with the footswitch fine but would not switch channels with the front panel button once the footswitch was dis-connected......I discovered that the jack itself was not working properly....and the amp would always be in the overdrive channel....with the red led lit.....the green led would never light.....The shorting pin on the ground leaf was not making a good contact....Inserting a plug into the jack and then slightly bending the leaf down fixed the problem.....Now the amp changes channels with the front panel switch.......Funny....this amp is brand new....it was only used for one gig so far......I guess these days the name goes on before the quality goes in...If anybody else has this problem don't waste your time checking other things...check the footswitch jack first.....hope this helps somebody out.......

SOme jacks still have some residue from the manufacturing process. Solder flux, dirt, whatever. It gets in the contacts. A cntaact might als be slightly sprung, but bending it changes the contact surface.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      SOme jacks still have some residue from the manufacturing process. Solder flux, dirt, whatever. It gets in the contacts. A cntaact might als be slightly sprung, but bending it changes the contact surface.
      Hi Enzo....Hope your retirement is treating you good....I am very happy to see you are still putting up with people like myself....

Comment

Thanks. I wish I had the energy to work, but when I go over there to try and get something done, I have a hard time motivating.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          Thanks. I wish I had the energy to work, but when I go over there to try and get something done, I have a hard time motivating.
          You should be at the point in your life now where you can pick and choose what you want to work on....I retired from my previous job when I was 54..I am 58 now....when I hit my mid 60's I am not going to be working 6 days a week in my basement for 12 or 14 hours a day....which is basically what I am doing...This field of electronics is still fairly new to me....sometimes I have a very hard time figuring some of this out......but it is getting better...but when the time comes, I will decide what I want to take....I will be in control.....and that is the way you have to approach it.......Sit back and enjoy your retirement......

Comment

Sure, unfortunately I have to get all the work out of the shop so I can vacate.

Comment

Working...
            X