Vox aga150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox aga150

Hi Guys, i have a little vox aga in shop at moment. Customer description 'was playing when small bang and puff of smoke then dead'
    A quick test confirmed 'dead' to be true.
    Replace fuse and began again through the trusty lightbulb 'fuse'. Started at beginning - power to board (240vac), power to rectifier (240vac), power from rectifier (363v?). Onto vox uk 'oh dear sounds expensive'
    Have now advised customer that unit is quite possibly beyond economical repair. I have applied power beyond the smps to try and see any further damage which appears to be the case various components,chips etc all of the smd variety have put the white flags up in submission. It seems that every board has suffered some sort of damage. The labour charge alone puts this 'cheap and cheerful' unit upon the naughty step.
    In life there are no problems, only challenges but in my present situation I may have a problem

My AGA150 also stopped working due to the Normal Channel Input PCB buggering up. I have been told the part is no longer available. Such a brilliant small amp too. Have you thrown yours? If still around and of no use can I buy the part off you if yours is still a functional part please jbmdisco?

Comment

Maybe a photo and a schematic?

By input bord, what does that mean? Some have small board for the jacks and little else. SOme call the preamp the input board.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X