Mackie CFX 20 Mk2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mackie CFX 20 Mk2

Thought I would post this...It might help somebody out one day........This had a weird problem......When by-passing the built in effects, the sound would go out......if you left the effects engaged, and turned down the pot on any channel which feeds the channel signal to the effects processor, the sound would disappear.......totally......When engaging the bypass switch for the effects section, the indicator light would come on letting you know that the effects have been bypassed....but no sound....

After some poking around, and downloading the schematics, I decided to go out on a limb, and popped the switch cover off........(It is much easier than removing the board)......and I sprayed a few squirts of Deoxit down into the switch and worked the switch for a few minutes and then repeated the procedure...waited for a few minutes and re-checked it.....I couldn't believe my ears...The damm thing worked...That was last night...I checked it again this morning and all is good.....So I saved myself a ton of dis-assembly grief......and hopefully I might save somebody else that nightmare as well.......

That works. When I get a large Mackie board or similar, with the rows of sub assign buttons and PFL and MUTE buttons etc, I just bite the bullet right out of the gate. (is that a mixed metaphor?) I grab my combo pliers, and pop the button cap off every one of them, then go down the rows and squirt a little Deoxit down along the switch shaft into the works. Then a quick up and down a few times on each. Cleans almost all of them up just fine. Solves crackling, channels coming and going, etc.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      That works. When I get a large Mackie board or similar, with the rows of sub assign buttons and PFL and MUTE buttons etc, I just bite the bullet right out of the gate. (is that a mixed metaphor?) I grab my combo pliers, and pop the button cap off every one of them, then go down the rows and squirt a little Deoxit down along the switch shaft into the works. Then a quick up and down a few times on each. Cleans almost all of them up just fine. Solves crackling, channels coming and going, etc.
      Thanks Enzo for that reply.....I am going to adopt that procedure from here on in whenever I get a mixer for repair....no matter how big or small....
      Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X