SWR 2x10c distortion & low output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkusBass View Post
    I'm also confused. Are you talking about P3 test point on page #6 of the schematic? It should be connected to the ground so you cannot expect signal there. It should be also 0 Ohms to the chassis. Ground should be connected to the chassis of the amp on the Output PCB board (through J303 output jack). Is the output PCB board assembled in the amp?

Mark
    Yes P3 is grounded via the output board. I am not getting signal on P3 at this point. Not sure why I was before but it is just static/noise when probing there now.

Comment

It shouldn't be static or noise there either. It should be ground. Do you get static or noise when you probe to the chassis?
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
        It shouldn't be static or noise there either. It should be ground. Do you get static or noise when you probe to the chassis?
        When unloaded I get loud signal from P1 and very faint hum/static/noise on P3. I also hear this same noise when probing the chassis. I have to have the speaker close to my ear to hear it but it is there

When loaded (clipping leads from P1/P3 to dummy load) i get loud signal at P1 and lower signal (about half-volume) at P3.

Thoughts?

Comment

Still open to any suggestions on this one before I throw in the towel. To recap:

low output with distorted/farty signal
          isolated to power section
          have full sine wave at beginning of power section (R4 scoped)
          scoping output shows bottom of sine wave missing/cut off at center line.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X