Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fix Fuzz/distortion from AMP

Hy guys
    I am facing an issue with my vocal/guitar AMP+speaker.
    when i bought it a year back even on full volume its sound was natural no fuzz or distortion when guitar or vocals are done through it.......
    now it fuzzes on high volume.... i use digitech processor so it changes my tone a little bit on both guitar and vocals waiting for response.......
    Regards
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Faiq Nazir View Post
    ...even on full volume its sound was natural no fuzz or distortion when guitar or vocals are done through it.......
    now it fuzzes on high volume....
    Welcome to the place.

The first thing to test is the speaker. Can you try the amp with a different speaker or can you try the speaker with a different amp?

Comment

+1.
      Divide and conquer.

...and welcome!
      If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
      If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
      We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
      MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Also make sure all the connections are good where there are any push-on terminals. If your speaker checks out OK it would be worthwhile carefuly removing the amplifier board and checking for any cracks on the solder side. Sometimes a small circular crack can appear around a component leg where it's soldered in and can vibrate. You have to inspect carefully and go over the entire board - I use additional light and a magnifier.

If you find a crack it just needs resoldering.

Comment

I pluged my studio headphone a little back in the output jack to check whether its the speaker...... headphones fuzzed too....
          in the picture i uploaded it cannot be seen but there are capacitors and transistor in this amp......... how to check them?

Comment

Originally posted by Faiq Nazir View Post
            ...there are capacitors and transistor in this amp......... how to check them?
            Very carefully.

What sort of test equipment do you have, multimeter?

I suggest that you first do as Mick suggested and check to see if there is anything loose on the pc board or if any wires are loose, etc.

Comment

Working...
            X