No announcement yet.

Bugura 333XL Combo Issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah,...... It looks like the connector I was talking about has already been removed or this is a later version and they stopped using it. There are 2 yellow wires coming from the PT soldered into the board where there is normally a connector. That is where your filament voltage comes from. You should have about 6.3vac across those 2 wires and make sure the connections are solid to the board.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
      Ah,...... It looks like the connector I was talking about has already been removed or this is a later version and they stopped using it. There are 2 yellow wires coming from the PT soldered into the board where there is normally a connector. That is where your filament voltage comes from. You should have about 6.3vac across those 2 wires and make sure the connections are solid to the board.
      Thanks dude I'll have a bit more closer look take more pictures. thanks very much for all the help so far guys been extremely helpful

Comment

They had trouble with the transformer wires burning the molex type connector early early on with the Bugeras. They issued a bulletin to hard wire them, also early on, and they immediately started hard wiring at the factory. My bulletin was stored in 2009, so it has been at least that far back that the change was made.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          They had trouble with the transformer wires burning the molex type connector early early on with the Bugeras. They issued a bulletin to hard wire them, also early on, and they immediately started hard wiring at the factory. My bulletin was stored in 2009, so it has been at least that far back that the change was made.
          Well, that explains why I haven't seen one for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by joshwaan2k View Post
            Changed all fuses including ones inside amp. I used 1.6A fast blow ones 250v

No disrespect implied, but just *yesterday* I got "a sale" at our local EBay branch, here called "Mercado Libre" , a guy bought one of my 10 cents fuses.

I published them NOT to "sell fuses" of course, but to allow people who want my email or phone number just to test an amp.

If they click "buy" just to get them, I have to pay staggering 7% commision for the "service" , even if customer does not buy, so everybody publishes a nil price article, such as a 30 cents "pick specially designed for a 1976 Fender Stratocaster USA, everything original, with original leather case"

So I phoned him (I get his contact data too) asking : "what do you *really* want?"
            "oh, just a fuse, I saw your ad"
            " ........................................................ .......... ooookaaaayyyyy, I'll plaaayyy ..... what fuse?
            " what fuse? ...... why" , the one needed to repair my amp of course !!!! "

no kidding, here's the ad and the sale:
            Fusible Original Cabezal Amplificador Fahey Guitarra Bajo - $ 10,00 en MercadoLibre
            Last edited by J M Fahey; 01-27-2016, 11:44 PM.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

So which fuses are supposed to be fast and which are supposed to be slow? You would probably need to see the originals to find out.
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                So which fuses are supposed to be fast and which are supposed to be slow? You would probably need to see the originals to find out.
                So the 10AMP one is a fast blow and others are a 1AMP slow blow. I had a guy at jaycar check properly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fuse2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.70 MB
ID:	840847
                Last edited by joshwaan2k; 01-28-2016, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Vintagekiki kindly posted schematics links, guess you can find the proper fuse values and types in them:
                  http://music-electronics-forum.com/t41278/#post409738
                  Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Oh, and BTW, the fuse values are written right on the circuit board.

Comment

While put them in and the filaments are glowing, but sad news the standby like will not turn on now. I gave the amp also 10 minutes to warm up too.

Comment

Before you put it together, I would tap around the filament supply area. You could have an intermittent somewhere.

Comment

ok I did give lead a bit of a wiggle see if it was holding ok. I'll give it a shot. only fuse I didnt replace was the 2AMP one which has got me thinking it's causing the standby issue maybe.

EDIT: amp is working so happy. I wiggle lead a little I did take out the 2AMP fuse and put a 1.6AMP one I had just to test and working ok. not sure if lead is loose or fuse was bad.

Thanks for all the help guys u rock
                          Last edited by joshwaan2k; 01-28-2016, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Fuse is now bad for sure
                            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
                            X