Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Valveking V112 Lead Channel Out

MEF Members....

A friend brought me his Peavey Valveking VK112 that had a dead Lead Channel. I found a schematic on another site and posting here just in case anyone else needs it in the future.

Using the tips you have all taught me (yeah!!), I found the plate voltage on V2 to be 0 volts (see page 9, upper right corner). The other side of R101 has 320vdc (B+). That resistor tested open- failure! I tested R112 and R116 and they are ok (within spec).

I ordered a bunch of 150K resistors (both carbon and metal film). I am thinking that since plate resistors are a common failure, perhaps I should use a 1/2 metal film? The stock resistor appears to be a 1/4 watt metal film.

I'll report back with results.

Tom
    Attached Files
    It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Sure, use 1/2 watt.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hi Friends....

I installed a new plate resistor (on V2), 1/2 watt, metal film... The Lead Channel worked.

I have 1.2 vdc on the Cathode... .8ma. B+ = 285 volts and pin 1 on V2 is 166 vdc, again ~ .8ma.

I guess the 320 vdc that I previously measured was high because the tube was not working? I do believe I measured B+ with the other 12ax7 tubes installed.

I then put the amp in the case and something went bad.... so more troubleshooting ahead.

Tom
      Last edited by TomCarlos; 02-06-2016, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Ok.. success.... must have had a loose something or other. Amp is working.

Thanks again...

Comment

Working...
        X