Sunn Power Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunn Power Switch

In case you need one, the correct part number for the Sunn power switch used on the cloth-faced amps (Sentura II, for example), it is a Carling LTILA54-1L-BL-RC-A/125N. I doubt anyone carries them in stock, but maybe someone has done or will do a group buy. At least they're still available.

Carling Rocker Switches LTIL Sseries

EDIT: Actually, it may be a LTILA50-1L-BL-RC-A/125N for solder lugs instead of screw terminals. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by patlaw; 02-28-2016, 12:06 AM.

If you go on the Carling website and contact them, they can tell you if any distributor has stock.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

When I checked with them last year, no one had any. The closest available was a $16 switch with screw terminals that a guy on eBay is selling. I used the screw terminal version, but the top screw terminal can protrude beyond the bottom of the chassis if it's not bent. The rivet pulled loose when I bent the terminal. I ended up soldering the wire directly to the rivet. It's the bulb terminal, so it should be fine. I'm simply posting here for the benefit of other Sunn die hards.

Comment

Yikes.
        There are more modern replacements available which are similar.
        I have a few I've collected over the years harvested from other appliances.

Now the older lighted types used on tube amps are harder to find I think they're an odd size.

Comment

Working...
        X