Peavey Ecoustic 112 - 12" Coax Speaker - Blown Tweeter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool, hope it fits.

Notice that seller used mm as unit of measurement, accepts decimals and is way more straightforward than fraction based Imperial system.

IF the coil fits, everything else can be tweaked one way or the other.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Mates....

I received the diaphragm mentioned in post #11. Unfortunately, I had to do some hacking at the mounting holes in order to make a fit. But alas, this is a project amp, and that is what I did. Its hard filing away at a small hole without damaging the leads. The diaphragm is held in place by the cover, so it's in there snug. And sound? It sounds ok. I'll put it through a life test tomorrow (running some music through the speaker for a while).

I don't know what the recommended crossover is for this diaphragm- I'm trying to track that down. But I think I'll end up at 2.5K or 3K.

Thanks for the help on this one.

Tom
      Attached Files
      It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Comment

With the original cap and 4 ohm diaphragm, the crossover point would have been around 6K. This is a relatively puny driver. I'm not sure I would try operating it down to 2.5K. 3.3UF with an 8 ohm diaphragm would keep roughly the same crossover point.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Ok... will do!
          It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Comment

"all's well that ends well"

Remember to center it by playing low power full range music, and only then clamping it down with the cover.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
              "all's well that ends well"

In my experience, sometimes all's well that ends.
              DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Originally posted by rjb View Post

In my experience, sometimes all's well that ends.
                Well, don't forget Juan's advice to add an inductor to your crossover, to keep out-of-band energy from wrecking your low-wattage HF diaphragm. It will increase the rate of rolloff from 6 dB/octave to 12.

Optional: one of those Raychem self reset fuses like the Eminence has.
                This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Working...
                X